GPSO – Permanent full time role, 38 hours a week in Griffith – Monday – Sunday
The Disability Support Leader plays a key role in the day to day provision of direct Participant care in the Support Services, which aims to assist people with disabilities to access high quality and safe support options within the local community.
This role will be responsible to oversee and manage services of Short Term Accommodation (STA) and Personal Care along with leading, guiding and mentoring staff.
This position will also perform the role as a Support Worker, providing direct Participant care to promote the dignity of our Participants and support them to develop their full potential.
Entry to this position is Level 3 – Pay Point 1 (from $1,206.58 per week) under the SCHADs Award. There is eligibility for progression in accordance with the GPSO Competency and Performance Assessment Policy.
- Demonstrated experience with direct Participant support work in a disability support setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, motivate, manage and provide on the job training to staff.
- Ability to give directions and delegate work to ensure the effective support of Participants.
- Effective organisational skills and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member and also independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- An ability to liaise effectively with Participants and their carers.
- Demonstrate solid verbal and written English skills and possess the ability to effectively interact with Participants and their carers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a team player who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Possess a general awareness of health & safety issues including manual handling, slip / trip hazards and general safety awareness.
- Hold a current Drivers’ License.
- Hold a current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis Certificate.
- Hold a Working with Children Check (6 months currency).
- Hold a NDIS worker screening or willing to obtain.
- Meet the inherent requirements relevant to the position.
A Certificate III or IV in Disability Services (or equivalent) and/or Certificate IV in Leadership / Management (or equivalent) is highly desired but not essential.
For any questions please contact Rebecca Rosato email@example.com. To be considered you must submit a cover letter and resume online.
Applications close 26 May 2021