Do you have a passion for improving the lives of people living with a disability? Have you always wanted to assist and support others?
GPSO is now hiring for Disability Support Workers! We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic support workers eager to learn and grow both through on the job and external training. Experience is not required at this entry level position, however completion of training and time in the position is needed for future progression.
GPSO is a not-for-profit organisation supporting people of all ages with physical and intellectual disabilities. GPSO strives to provide the highest quality of care to our Participants in the community 24/7. We assist people with a disability to achieve their full potential, enabling each person to enjoy quality of life whilst also becoming a valued community member.
GPSO is progressively expanding our services and as such we are looking for compassionate and dedicated Disability Support Workers who want to work with an impressive organisation and who are committed to lifting the standards of care provided in the community.
Qualifications & Skills
Essential requirements include:
- Passion for assisting people living with disability
- A current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis certificate
- Working with Children Check, or willing to obtain
- NDIS Worker Screening, or willing to obtain
- Fit and healthy and meet the inherent requirements as described in the position description
- Current drivers’ licence and own reliable vehicle
- Demonstrate solid verbal and written English skills
- Ability to use technology such as smart phones and computers
A certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) is desirable, but not essential.
To apply or for more information
To be considered for this role you must submit your application online. This must include your resume AND a cover letter detailing your interest.