GPSO – Griffith | Permanent Full Time 38 hours a week Monday – Sunday
Hiring now for:
- Disability Team Leader – Short Term Accommodation (Respite)
- Disability Team Leader – Supported Independent Living (long-term accommodation)
Disability Team Leaders assist to manage staff and Participants of their respective team.
The Disability Team Leader plays a key role in the day-to-day provision of direct Participant care, which aims to assist people with disabilities to access high quality and safe support services and achieve their desired goals.
This role will be responsible to oversee and manage services of the respective Team Leader department, which involves leading, guiding, training and mentoring staff.
The Disability Team Leader position will also perform the role as a Support Worker, providing direct Participant care to promote the dignity of our Participants and support them to develop their potential.
Entry to this position is Level 3 – Pay Point 1 (from $1,236.66 per week) under the SCHADs Award from the first full pay period in July 2021. There is eligibility for progression in accordance with the GPSO Competency and Performance Assessment Policy.
- Demonstrated experience with direct customer support work in a disability support setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, motivate, manage and provide on the job training to staff.
- Ability to give directions and delegate work to ensure the effective support of Participants.
- Effective organisational skills and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member and also independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- An ability to liaise effectively with Participants, and their carers.
- Demonstrate solid verbal and written English skills and possess the ability to effectively interact with Participants and their Carers’, internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a team player who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Possess a general awareness of health & safety issues including manual handling, slip / trip hazards and general safety awareness.
- Possess a Certificate III in Individual support (or equivalent)
- Hold a current Drivers’ License.
- Hold a current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis Certificate.
- Hold a Working with Children Check (6 months currency).
- Hold a NDIS worker screening or willing to obtain.
- Meet the inherent requirements relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated experience working in a residential disability support setting.
- A Certificate IV in Disability Services (or equivalent) and/or Certificate IV in Leadership / Management (or equivalent) is highly desired but not essential.
Salary: From $1,236.66 per week