GPSO – Griffith | Casual and Permanent positions available
SCHADs Award Level 2 – Pay Point 1 $36.40 (casual) per hour | $29.12 (permanent) per hour
Are you passionate about improving the lives of people with disability?
GPSO is hiring now for experienced Disability Support Workers. We are looking for reliable, passionate and enthusiastic support workers committed to assisting our Participant’s achieve their individual goals.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We have multiple opportunities for new employees to join our team in Griffith. These opportunities are suitable for individuals with a minimum of 12 months disability worker experience or relevant industry experience such as aged care.
GPSO offer services 24/7 services to our Participants including day programs, personal care, community access, short-term accommodation (respite) and long term supported accommodation. We are seeking candidates with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and overnight.
Main duties and responsibilities
Assisting Participants with daily living tasks and independent skills
- Provide personal care; personal hygiene, grooming, administration of medication, PEG feeding
- Support with domestic duties including meal preparation and cleaning
- Assist with social activities with Participants
- Contribute to the development and implementation of individual support plans
- Document services delivered, incidents and report
Qualifications, skills & experience
Essential requirements include:
- 12 months hands on relevant industry experience
- Solid verbal and written English skills
- Effectively interact and socialised with Participants
- Ability to use technology, such as smart phones and computers
- Awareness of health and safety issues e.g. hazards and risk
- A current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- Working with Children Check (currency within 6 months)
- NDIS worker screening
- Fit and healthy and meet the inherent requirements as described in the position description
- Current Drivers’ License and own reliable transport.
- A Certificate III in Individual Support
GPSO is a not-for-profit organisation supporting people of all ages with physical and intellectual disabilities. GPSO strives to provide the highest quality and person-centred care to our Participants. We assist people with a disability to achieve their full potential, enabling each person to enjoy quality of life whilst also becoming a valued community member.
GPSO is progressively expanding our services and as such we are looking for compassionate and dedicated Disability Support Workers who want to work with an impressive organisation and who are committed to delivering quality supports.