GPSO – Griffith | Casual and Permanent Part Time positions available SCHADs Award Level 2 – Pay Point 1 $28.41 (perm) / $35.51 (casual) per hour
Are you passionate about improving the lives of people with disability? GPSO is hiring now for experienced Disability Support Workers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- We have an ongoing need for workers for regular/permanent shifts at our Griffith centre.
- We are seeking candidates with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and overnight.
- Our clients require support for day program activities, personal care, community access, respite and other general lifestyle supports.
GPSO is a not for profit organisation supporting people of all ages with intellectual and physical disability or mental health condition. GPSO strives to provide the highest quality of care to our clients in the community 24/7. We assist people with a disability to achieve their full potential, enabling each person to enjoy quality of life whilst also becoming a valued community member.
GPSO is progressively expanding our services and as such we are looking for compassionate and dedicated Disability Support Workers who want to work with an impressive organisation and who are committed to lifting the standards of care provided in the community.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Essential requirements include:
- 12 months hands on experience in the industry
- A current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- Working with Children Check (currency within 6 months)
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Fit and healthy and meet the inherent requirements as described in the position description.
- Current Drivers’ License and own reliable transport.
Desirable skills include:
- Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability
- Administer medication module and experience in issuing medication
- PEG feeding
- Epilepsy / midazolam management
- Bowel care management
Successful applicants will also possess and demonstrate relevant experience, and have an ability to follow procedures, good organisational skills and transferable life and work skills along with a caring and compassionate approach.
You will demonstrate excellent verbal and written English skills and possess the ability to effectively interact with clients and their Carers’, internal and external stakeholders. GPSO support workers are team players who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds.