GPSO are extending their service to the town of Hay! Looking for candidates passionate about improving the lives of people with a disability.
Casual position | SCHADS Award Level 2 Pay Point 1 | $35.51 per hour
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Disability Support Workers have the primary objective to provide direct person-centred supports to Participants, while empowering each individual to reach their full potential and achieve their identified goals.
- We are seeking candidates with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and overnight.
- Our Participants require support for one-on-one supports, community access, personal care, respite and other general lifestyle supports.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Essential requirements include:
- 12 months hands on relevant industry experience
- A current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- Working with Children Check (currency within 6 months)
- NDIS worker screening
- Fit and healthy and meet the inherent requirements as described in the position description
- Current Drivers’ License and own reliable transport
- Training in manual handling, medication, PEG and epilepsy management is highly desired but not essential.
A Certificate III in Individual Support – Disability is desirable, but not essential.
Successful applicants will also possess and demonstrate relevant experience, and have an ability to follow procedures, good organisational skills and transferable life and work skills along with a caring and compassionate approach.
You will demonstrate excellent verbal and written English skills and possess the ability to effectively interact with Participants and their Carers’, internal and external stakeholders. GPSO support workers are team players who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
To be considered for this role you must submit your application online. This must include your resume AND a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.