Rights and Responsibilities
As a Participant of GPSO you have the right to:
- An effective, quality service
- Be treated with respect
- Have their need for confidentiality respected and maintained
- Equal access to the services offered
- Have their complaints/grievances addressed
- Have the opportunity to provide input to the management of the service
- Have the right to decline/withdraw from the service offered by the service
As a Participant of GPSO you have the responsibility to:
- Treat staff with respect
- Treat other Participants with respect
- Provide feedback on the service
- Inform staff of any concerns or difficulties
- Contact staff regarding ideas for improving the service
- Inform staff of any changes to support needs
Privacy and Confidentiality
At GPSO we have legal and ethical responsibilities relating to the management of personal, health and sensitive information generated during service delivery.
GPSO is committed to protecting and upholding the right to privacy of clients and their families, staff, volunteers, Board/Management Committee members and representatives of agencies we deal with. In particular, GPSO is committed to protecting and upholding the rights of our Participants to privacy in the way we collect, store and use information about them, their needs and the services we provide to them.
Please read our full Privacy and Confidentiality Fact sheet here.
Complaints and Feedback
GPSO has a commitment to seek and use all feedback to improve the services we deliver. GPSO believes that feedback, compliments and complaints can be used to improve what we do for the benefit of all our customers.
You are welcome to make a complaint or give feedback (suggestions, compliments or general comments) about any aspect of our service at any time. We appreciate complaints and feedback as this is an opportunity for us to address problems and improve services.
GPSO will ensure that all complaints are handled with respect, privacy and confidentiality and that Participants are assisted to raise any issues or concerns they may have. GPSO is committed to responding to all complaints in a timely manner.
Participants will be made aware of their right to have a support person or representative of their choice to assist or represent them during the resolution process. The complaints and dispute process allow for the participation and input of the Participant’s family/carer/advocate where requested.
There are several ways for you to make a complaint. If you are not satisfied with the outcome or don’t feel comfortable talking to a person, you can complete one of the below:
- Talk to your support worker, Team Leader or Support Coordinator. They may be able to resolve the issue.
- If the issue is not resolved this will be referred to the General Manager.
- If you prefer not to raise your comment or complaint to your support worker, Team Leader, Support Coordinator or General Manager you may:
- Email email@example.com
- Completed the complaints and feedback form on this page or request a paper copy to complete.
- Write and post to PO Box 1079 Griffith, NSW, 2680
- Call 02 6964 3199 and we will direct your complaint to an appropriate senior staff for a confidential call
- If you prefer to speak to an external party regarding your complaint or concern, here is a list of contacts, including the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
Please refer to our complaints flowchart for more information.
There are several ways for you to give feedback (suggestions, compliments or general comments):
- Talk with your support worker or Team Leader and ask them to pass on your feedback
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Feedback form on this page
- Leave your feedback in our suggestion boxes located at Reception in our Griffith and Leeton centres
- Call 02 6964 3199 and with our receptionist