GPSO – Griffith | Permanent Full Time 38 hours a week Monday – Sunday
SCHADS Award Level 3 – Pay Point 1 $36.00 per hour (permanent)
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to join GPSO as a Disability Team Leader in our supported independent living accommodation.
GPSO is a not-for-profit organisation supporting people of all ages with physical and intellectual disabilities. GPSO strives to provide the highest quality and person-centred care to our Participants. We assist people with a disability to achieve their full potential, enabling each person to enjoy quality of life whilst also becoming a valued community member.
GPSO is progressively expanding our services and have recently opened two supported independent living accommodation facilities. As such, we are looking for compassionate and dedicated applicants who want to work with an impressive organisation and who are committed to delivering quality supports.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This Disability Team Leaders will be responsible for leading, mentoring and managing staff and Participants of their respective team.
The Disability Team Leader plays a key role in the day-to-day provision of direct Participant care, which aims to assist people with disabilities to access high quality and safe support services and achieve their desired goals.
The Disability Team Leader position will also perform the role as a Support Worker, providing direct Participant care to promote the dignity of our Participants and support them to develop their potential.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Design and/or implement individualised programs to meet the needs and goals of Participants
- Provide support to Participants who require assistance with tasks of daily living, personal care, domestic assistance and medication administration
- Ensuring compliance with reporting requirements
- Leading, guiding and mentoring team members and assisting with performance management
- Demonstrated experience with direct customer support work in a disability support setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, motivate, manage and provide on the job training to staff.
- Ability to give directions and delegate work to ensure the effective support of Participants.
- Effective organisational skills and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member and also independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- An ability to liaise effectively with Participants, and their carers.
- Demonstrate solid verbal and written English skills and possess the ability to effectively interact with Participants and their Carers’, internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a team player who can work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Possess a general awareness of health & safety issues including manual handling, slip / trip hazards and general safety awareness.
- Possess a Certificate III in Individual support (or equivalent) OR 5 years’ relevant professional experience within the last 7 years.
- Hold a current Drivers’ License.
- Hold a current Senior First Aid, CPR and Anaphylaxis Certificate.
- Hold a Working with Children Check
- Hold a NDIS worker screening or willing to obtain.
- Hold NDIS Worker Orientation Module “Quality, Safety and You”
- Meet the inherent requirements relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated experience working in a residential disability support setting.
- A Certificate IV in Disability Services (or equivalent) and/or Certificate IV in Leadership / Management (or equivalent) is highly desired but not essential.
TO APPY OR FOR MORE INFROMATION:
To be considered for this role you must submit your application online. This must include your resume AND a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
For more information on GPSO, please check out our website on https://www.gpso.com.au/